Manitoba’s nurses are committed to caring.
Tell the Manitoba government to step up for nurses and patients.
Nurses are here for all of us, doing everything possible to keep Manitobans safe. In partnership with all health care workers, they’re on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, working around the clock to stop its spread, deliver testing, and care for those who are infected.
Manitoba wasn’t prepared for this pandemic, due to years of cuts and closures. Nursing shortages have gotten worse. But nurses and health care professionals are doing their best.
They cannot do it alone. Nurses need your help to convince the Pallister government to deliver more support for frontline care providers.
We need immediate action to get more nurses and other health care professionals into the system:
- Create a central intake to bring health care professionals looking to help into the system, and match skills and experience with areas of need.
- Invest in immediate recruitment and retention of nurses and health care professionals to help right away in responding to the pandemic.
- Recruit nurses and add resources to improve testing capacity so we can flatten the curve and keep people out of hospital.
- Ensure the safety of nurses and all health care professionals by adding to Manitoba’s personal protective equipment (PPE) stockpile and enhancing available protections.
- Develop a comprehensive health human resources plan, invest in long-term recruitment efforts, and add seats to post-secondary nursing programs, so that we can address the chronic shortage.
This pandemic has shown that Manitoba needs more nurses and health care professionals to care for patients when they need it most.
It’s time for the Pallister government to support Manitoba’s nurses. We can’t afford to wait.
What can you do to help?
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Limit your contacts.
- Wear a mask when you go out in public.
- Practice physical distancing by keeping 2 metres away from others.
- Tell Premier Pallister to support nurses and patients by joining our letter writing campaigns: